As you know, Macbook Pro only comes with a USB-C port for external connection. So, you may feel difficulty adding your Dell Monitor as a second screen.
If you have trouble connecting your Dell Monitor to your MacBook Pro, you may need to check the cables. If your cables are well connected, you should update your MacBook and reset the monitor to factory defaults. Also, you can consult your Dell manual for further directions.
In this short article, we will explain to you the reasons why your Dell Monitor does not connect to your Macbook Pro. You will also be provided with easy-to-follow instructions on how to connect your monitor to your Macbook Pro.
So, let’s get into it!
Dell Monitor Not Connecting to MacBook
The Dell Monitor may not be connected to the MacBook because the connection wires are broken or selected the wrong settings.
To solve the connection problem, the first thing that needs to be done is to inspect the power cable and the adapter. These should be in good working order and securely attached.
You can also check your lines by following these tips:
- Make sure you dispose of any damaged wires and buy new ones.
- Ensure that both devices are securely connected to the power adapter.
- The display line should be connected directly to the MacBook if you’re using a switch box.
- You should make sure that the adapter is compatible with HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2.
Once you’ve found the suitable cable and connected it correctly, you can then try connecting the monitor to your MacBook again.
How to Connect Your Dell Monitor And MacBook?
Add your Dell Monitor to your MacBook with a USB-C to HDMI adapter.
Then, follow these steps:
- Attach your Dell monitor to your MacBook with an HDMI cable using the HDMI adapter.
- Next, connect the USB-C port to your Apple device.
- Then, turn on your MacBook.
- Click on the Apple logo in the top left corner.
- Click on “System Preferences.”
- Right-click on “Display.”
- Click on the “Arrangements” tab.
- Check the box next to “Mirror Display.”
You may also be interested in:
- LG Monitor Not Working with MacBook Pro [Working Solution]
- MacBook Pro UltraWide Monitor Blurry [The Solution is Here]
Ideal Settings to Connect the Dell Monitors to Macbook Pro
On your Mac device, there are specific settings that work best with Dell monitors. Try fiddling with the video settings on your Mac computer if you’re experiencing connection problems.
You can also follow the steps below:
- Open the “System Preferences” window.
- Click on the “Displays” tab.
- Click on the “Scale” tab.
- Choose either 30 or 60 Hz for the scaled settings. For Dell monitors with special requirements for resolution, select the monitor’s specified scale instead of the monitor’s resolution.
- Ensure you have the HDMI input selected on your laptop for the external display.
After adjusting these settings, your MacBook should have no problem connecting to your monitor.
The Dell Monitor is compatible with the latest versions of Windows and Apple devices. Connection issues can occur from time to time but the fixes are easy and only take a few minutes. Sometimes, depending on the software and settings of the device, you will have to carry out special troubleshooting.
Hello, this is James. A technology enthusiast with a particular fondness for displays. As someone who loves all things tech, I have developed a keen eye for identifying the best displays in the market. Whether you are a casual user or a professional designer, I am confident that my reviews will help you find the perfect monitor for your needs. In my reviews, I take an in-depth look at each monitor, highlighting its strengths and weaknesses. I also compare different models to help you make an informed decision about your next purchase.