Smartphones are redefining the course of technology and improving every day. We can now access everything that once required specialized devices and cords. I recently connected my phone to the TV without a cord to watch a movie on the phone, especially without even an HDMI wire or adapter. Look no further and read till the end if you’re searching for the answer to the question, How to Connect Phone to TV without HDMI Cord?
The following article provides a step-by-step guide for connecting your smartphone to your TV without an HDMI cable using different methods. Additionally, you can connect wirelessly with your TV, whether you’re using Android or iOS, and connect a phone without an HDMI adapter in a later section.
How to Connect Phone to TV without HDMI Cable?
I have tried methods that helped me connect my phone to my tv without an HDMI cord. These methods are wireless and wired, but there is no use of an HDMI cord directly to a smartphone. You can choose any one of these approaches:
Screen Mirroring on TV
Screen Mirroring is one of the most used wireless methods to connect your smartphone to a TV. It is the most obvious way if you want to connect your phone to a TV without an HDMI cord. The steps include:
- Turn on your TV and browse the Settings.
- Now look for the Network Settings/ Screen Mirroring.
- Then turn it on or Enable it for discovery.
- After that, look for the screen mirroring options on your phone.
- Or swipe down the notification bar and turn on the mirror/cast option.
- Now, wait for the devices to select and connect your TV.
- You have just mirrored your smartphone on TV to watch different shows.
Note: Before starting the Screen Mirroring process, connect your smartphone and TV with the same WiFi network.
With Miracast – direct connection, you can connect your smartphone to a TV without HDMI. Following are the instructions:
Note: Make sure both devices are Miracast enabled and compatible/ Use Miracast Adapter
- First, connect your phone and TV with the same WiFi network.
- Go to the settings of your TV and turn on the Miracast.
- Now go to your smartphone settings and turn the miracast feature on.
- Choose your TV from the list and cast it with your mobile phone.
- Then, you can watch your favorite Netflix show on your TV.
The following most feasible method I use is the Chromecast device. You don’t need any WiFi or wired connection. It involves indirect use of the HDMI wire because the Chromecast device comes with an HDMI cord. Follow these steps to connect wirelessly:
- The first step is to connect your Chromecast device to your TV.
- Go to your smartphone and download an app called Google Home on the App store.
- It is also a built-in technology in smartphones.
- Now go to the settings and look for the WiFi network created by Chromecast Adapter.
- Then, select and connect your phone with the TV.
- Enjoy your time.
AllShare Cast (for Samsung Smartphones Only )
AllShare Cast allows you to connect your Samsung Smartphone with the Samsung Smart TV. To connect your Smart TV with your smartphone, you need to plug the device into the TV’s HDMI port. It will allow you to stream and share the files and will enable you to watch movies.
The next step is to go to the smartphone settings, turn the casting feature on, and look for the available devices. After that, select your Samsung TV, and you will be able to mirror your smartphones with the tv without using an HDMI cord.
How to connect iPhone to tv without HDMI cord
If you are an iOS user, you can use different methods to connect your iPhone without an HDMI cord. These methods include using an AV adapter, AirPlay, and screen mirroring.
Once you are sure that both devices are connected to the same WiFi and your TV is on and displaying the Apple TV screen, proceed to the next step on your smartphone. Find the screen mirroring in the iPhone control center and your TV. You will be able to mirror your iPhone without an HDMI cord.
I use the AirPlay method most of the time with my Apple devices as it provides the quick transfer of the files and media from your iPhone to your Apple TV. It helps you play different streaming apps. Make sure to connect both devices with the same WiFi.
Lightning to Digital AV Adapter
Apple offers a separate Lightning to Digital AV Adapter that lets you connect your TV with the device. At first, connect this with your TV and the other end with the iPhone. Now you are ready to share content on the big screen of your TV from your iPhone.
You may also be interested in:
- How to Use TV as Second Monitor Wirelessly
- How to connect Samsung Smart TV to Verizon FiOS
- How to Install Google Apps on Hisense Smart TV? Easy to Follow Guide
How to connect phone to tv with USB cable?
One of the easiest ways is using a USB cable to connect your phone to your TV. The first step is locating and determining your TV’s USB port. If your TV does not support direct transferring of data through the USB, then you have to get a separate USB to HDMI adapter.
After determining and getting everything in sequence, you need to connect one side to the smartphone and another to the TV. You’ll also need to adjust the TV port from the settings, and you are done. Now you can transfer files and data quickly.
I have provided you with several methods that have worked for me recently when connecting the phone to the television without using an HDMI cord. Once you have completed the requirements for setting up the connection, you can play your favorite show on your TV.
Hello, this is James. A technology enthusiast with a particular fondness for displays. As someone who loves all things tech, I have developed a keen eye for identifying the best displays in the market. Whether you are a casual user or a professional designer, I am confident that my reviews will help you find the perfect monitor for your needs. In my reviews, I take an in-depth look at each monitor, highlighting its strengths and weaknesses. I also compare different models to help you make an informed decision about your next purchase.